Guide for installing a DashCare dash cover
Please follow instructions below:
Install Guide for your DashCare dash cover by Seatz Manufacturing:
! Handling: Never fold the Dash Cover! Always re-roll carefully for storage. Folding may cause permanent wrinkles and may void ability to receive a refund on a return.
1. Clean your dash before installing.
2. Start by placing the Dash Cover on the dashboard, making sure vents and other features line up. Use your hands to help it form to dash contours. You may need to stretch the dash cover side to side to fully extend it after being rolled up in a box for shipping. Only stretch as needed, then re-position to check fit. Stretch again if needed. Don’t over stretch.
3. IMPORTANT! You may need to push the dash cover front edge into the gap between the windshield glass and the dashboard for proper alignment. Push it in by flexing the dashboard down and force front edge of the dash cover forward tucking it in until the cutouts for defrost vents and sensors lineup as well as the edge closest to occupant’s lines up. Many of our patterns, but not all, require this to keep the dash cover in place, even with the fan on max. The added benefit is reducing the need for adhesive backed velcro on the dashboard!
4. Cut provided Velcro Hook strips into small pieces. Place them anywhere on the back side of Velour, Suede, Tech or Camo Dash Covers. For Carpet, match the small cut Velcro Hook pieces to the sewn-in Velcro Loop tabs on the back side. DO NOT REMOVE backing on adhesive until the dash cover is in its final position.
5. Velcro Adhesive - IMPORTANT - the adhesive on the back of the Velcro hook may not stick properly if your dash has been treated with a detailing product like Armor All or products containing silicone. If your car has been "detailed", treated at the dealer or cleaned at a car wash sometime in the past, the products used may have chemicals that impregnate the plastic and tend to repel the adhesive. They can even "plasticize" adhesive which changes it permanently so it won't stick anymore.
The acrylic adhesive on the back of the Velcro Hook has special properties so it can handle the high heat it might find being on the dashboard in direct sunlight in hot climates. It must be handled properly to work!
a. It is pressure sensitive - this means it activates with pressure. When you have it positioned, use your fingers to press it hard.
b. Try not to re-position it. Sticking it down, then pulling it up to move it will permanently reduce the adhesive power. Pull off the paper backing only when you are ready, try not to move it after its attached!
6. Pull the paper backing off the Velcro adhesive in one area at a time. Start with areas of complicated geometry like around displays, low areas or raised vents. Clean the spot on the dash where the Velcro will be applied.
7. You may need to stretch dash covers with foam centers – sometimes they compress side to side when rolled up in the shipping box. You must use Velcro to hold it in place so it forms to the dash.
8. Sensors: Many vehicles have sensors on the dash. Location varies widely by make, model and trim level. If the sensor is in the defrost vent area near the windshield, no cut out is required. If not in a vent cut out area, a sensor will need to have a cut out. However, sensors may be an optional feature (not on all vehicles of the model). Sensor locations are marked on the back side of the dash cover for you to cut. We make the cut during production if we know in advance you need it cut. Typically, sensor holes are too small to have sewn binding edges. You can easily make the cut yourself if needed.
9. Speakers: Sound passes through the Dash Cover quite well. We believe making cutouts for speakers defeats the purpose of having a dash cover so we don’t do it!
10. Defrost Vents: Make sure to fasten the Dash Cover well around vents. Make a test with your fan on high to see if it is secure. Depending on the model, the Dash Cover design may extend over the edges of vents near windshield. This will help protect the vent walls from developing cracks.
11. Cleaning your Dash Cover: Hand wash with mild detergent in cold water. Air dry.
Click on the links at the top of the DashCare.com home page for more info: FAQ’s, Install Guide, Fit Issues, Returns, Warranty
Click on the links at the top of the DashCare.com home page for more info: FAQ’s, Returns, Warranty